Calibre is portable all-in-one solution for handling your e-books, Calibre portable does for electronic books just what iTunes does for music, allowing you to manage your digital book collection through an intuitive albeit overcrowded interface while offering excellent support for converting books to different formats and editing their metadata. The only area where the software is lacking is its e-book reader; it doesn't allow you to highlight or add notes to your books. The software comes with a basic e-book reader that supports fullscreen mode for distraction-free reading and that lets you choose your preferred method of pagination and gives you the ability to bookmark pages. Unfortunately, there is no way to annotate, highlight, or augment the book's contents short of editing the book itself.
It supports all kinds of formats, both reading and conversion, from the most popular ones like ePub, PDF, txt, or RTF to the export to fb2, OEB or MOBI. Another one of its most valued features is the possibility to synchronize your books with your eBook reader, be it an Amazon Kindle or other models like Papyre, Cybook or the Sony PRS. Calibre portable uses a Cover Flow style interface to navigate through the covers of the books. It also lets you edit its metadata from the interface of the program and explore the collection of eBooks from a web browser.
- When searching start the search from the current position, jumping to the first match at or after the current page
- Have the Table of Contents view automatically scroll to keep the chapter being read currently visible
- Various improvements to the calibre template language,
- File browser: Show total size of items in category when hovering over category with mouse
- Add support for latest firmware and also an option to choose the color used for cover letterboxing